Our brief was simple: to create an ‘audio system support ‘ worthy of some of the finest audio equipment currently available. We had to incorporate definitive isolation from structure borne vibration, whilst at the same time being able to dissipate internal vibration from the equipment itself. But, building on our furniture design background, the piece had to look like a finely crafted piece of contemporary furniture and not ‘laboratory equipment’, as is so often the case with many of the existing audio support systems, especially at the top end. Totally handmade in England, our isolation and dissipation technology is all masterfully contained within a bold yet assertively styled piece of modern British craftsmanship.
Combining the sonic qualities of a beautiful hardwood, acrylics, valchromat, and a custom ‘energy dissipation media’ to produce a support that looks attractive and will fit seamlessly into any home, but above all will sonically improve any audio system used on it. ‘Mirage’ elegantly utilises some simple but very effective isolation methods based on simple physics ~ Have you ever tried running or cycling through sand?
Mirage Technical Design Attributes
Acrylic, well regarded as one of the best micro-vibration isolators available, is used as the main support interface on each shelf, and incorporates our unique ‘Energy Dissipation System’ (EDS©). Most other racks work to isolate the component being supported, whereas ours not only isolates, but is also designed to dissipate residual energy (transformer vibration) from the audio component. This energy can be detrimental to ultimate sound quality if retained within each component, so it therefore became neccessary to dissipate as much as possible into a multi layer system of a custom ‘micro polymer particle’ via the 18mm CNC machined acrylic top plate. Further isolation occurs at the base of the ‘tray’ shelf by a proprietary soft compound neoprene layer. This is then all contained in a Valchromat & hardwood base. Our energy dissipation formula is the result of significant testing of media & materials, and the results really surprised us. We were aware that residual energy, caused by transformers literally vibrating at micro level inside the component (sometimes producing an audible hum), would degrade the signal passed through each component, but the result of connecting that vibrational energy to a low mass polymer particle layer surprised us all.
Mirage Configuration & Finish Options
- Two Height Options – 78cm with 3 shelves designated as 78.3, or 98cm with 4 shelves, 98.4.
- 3 Width Options – providing from 3 to 9 shelves, which can be increased further if required.
- Expandable Design – allows future increase possibilities – so a 3 shelf 78.3 can be increased to a 6 shelf 78.6 with the addition of a central leg package which includes the main central leg, support frames and 3 shelves. Similarly, a 98.4 can be expanded to 8 shelves with a matching package. This is infinitely repeatable, allowing full customisation according to system requirements.
- Hardwood Frames are either solid Maple or solid Wenge.
- Colour Options are Satin Black, Custom colours including metallic finishes. All colour finishes are based on a solid Maple framework.
- Shelf Sizes are 590mm wide x 475mm front to back.
- Loudspeaker Isolation Plinths – designed to dampen residual energy in floor-standing loudspeakers. Using the same construction techniques as the shelves, these plinth’s will help to reduce coloration from the actual speaker enclosure, resulting in improved definition, clarity & dynamic ‘slam’ when used on a suspended or wooden floor. These make a significant difference even to very high end loudspeakers, and should be considered a fundamental part of the loudspeaker system. Each base is fitted with either 3 or 4 height adjustable feet for perfect levelling and rake angle fine tuning. Weight is approximately 10kgs for each base.
All support products are exclusively made by us, in our workshop, individually, in the UK.
For further enquires please contact us here.
Made In England