- ZL-200 is an idealist, minimalist and non-compromise design with meticulous attention to detail in parts selection, layout, and construction, designed and built by Masataka Tsuda in Nagano, Japan, home for many precision mechanical, electronic and optical products.
- We have achieved simplest possible circuitry with minimum number of components, with Four pairs of output MOS-FET’s per monoblock in BTL configuration with no overall NFB, achieving 180 watts @ 8 ohms.
- It is a state-of-the-art power amplifier. Sonically pure and transparent.
- Revealing, yet involving. Transcending the traditional boundaries of vacuum tube and solid state designs.
- The unique sound of the ZL-200 is aptly described by Mr. Harry Pearson: “These monoblocks are the first solid-state amps I’ve heard that sound like a tubed unit, and by that I mean a very good tubed unit, on the order of say, the best conrad-johnson amp (vide, the ART III) but lacking the golden glow of the CJ sound, thus rather more uncolored than most, if not all, of the transistorized competition.”
Clearly, this amplifier has been designed and built to a very specific goal, if you are honestly looking to achieve a totally unadulterated, transparent sound with immense scale and depth, then you must hear this, and of course the ZL120V2SE. We have had experience with other well known and well reviewed power amplifiers, but these minimalist pieces are a considerable step upwards. To quote Dick Olsher, the US based writer, “prepare to re-calibrate your sonic expectations”.
- Inputs: RCA only
- Input Impedance: 47KΩ
- Input Sensitivity: 2V for Rated Power
- Power Output: 180W / 8Ω; 260W / 4Ω
- Frequency Response: 0.5Hz to 30KHz (±0dB); 0.5Hz to 100KHz (-0.8dB) @0.125W
- Voltage Gain: 20dB
- Power Requirements: (240VAC / 50Hz)(230VAC / 50Hz)
- Power Consumption: 240W (Operation) / 120VAC
- Dimensions: 450mm X 180mm (H) X 480mm (D)
- Net Weight: approx. 35KG per monoblock
The ZL200 is always on demonstration.